Many homeowners believe that "getting a price" is all there is to do before going ahead with a project. Time spent on careful planning and attention to detail, discussing goals & uses of the space, lifestyle, materials, finishes, budget restrictions, etc. will make sure we're all on the same page right from the beginning and will prevent many problems, and budget issues, all through the project.
Like everything in life, carefully planning makes a new build or renovation run smoother, stay on schedule, and on budget. Over the last 25 years we've mastered the planning phase that precedes construction. Here's our method:
Design Phase One:
- photos & accurate measurements are taken of the property & existing buildings
- research is done to prevent any permit restrictions & to make sure all plans comply with local by-laws
- conceptual drawings are developed
- if changes were made to the original project discussed, the budget is revised
- a preliminary Scope of Work is developed
- conceptual drawings, Scope of Work and budget are reviewed together & changes made if necessary
Design Phase Two:
- detailed construction drawings are developed
- interior & exterior finishes & product selections are made
- a final Budget Proposal is developed with a detailed Scope of Work
- a Construction Contract is signed, the first payment is made and a project and payment schedule is drafted
Once all that's done - Work Begins!